About Bare Skin Beauty
Bare Skin Beauty is based upon the following founding principles:
- We passionately believe that all skincare should be Skinfood; feeding the skin with wholesome natural ingredients that nourish, protect and regenerate the epidermis and dermis, allowing the skin to perform optimally.
- We are committed to developing pure and natural Skinfood products that draw on the principles of Herbalism, Phytotherapy and Ethnobotany to find exciting new plants and flowers to assist in the pursuit of naturally healthy, beautiful skin.
- We will always source the finest calibre raw materials and use organic and fair traded where possible, supplied by ethical producers that use sustainable processes that minimise waste and respect the balance of nature. We source from the United Kingdom and local producers, where possible to reduce our carbon footprint.
- We promise to only ever use natural ingredients, we will never use petrochemicals, artificial colourants, silicones, perfumes, propylene glycols, lauryl sulphates, parabens, mineral oils, synthetic colours, preservatives, synthetic additives, GM ingredients or bulking agents.
- We care about the planet and are dedicated to a future without plastic and their inherent diabolical toxins. Our packaging is made from glass and totally recyclable or indeed re-useable. We are committed to researching and using alternative packaging materials and implementing a re-fill scheme in the future.
- We are committed to continue to manufacture without the use of chemicals and without producing any waste. We recycle all packaging sent to us by suppliers.We fervently believe that testing on animals is cruel and there is no plausible justification for it, in this era of scientific advancements.
- We are strongly motivated by our ethical stance and believe that all skincare products should be healthy, natural, cruelty free and work in harmony with the environment, as standard.
As a consumer of natural products you are positively contributing to a happier and healthier world, as only pure ingredients will be washed into our precious water system, allowing the world's fragile ecology to remain balanced with no disruption
About the Founder – Juliette Scarfe
I am extremely passionate about Bare Skin Beauty and the principles it is predicated upon. I love my role within the company, I strive every day to expand my knowledge in the areas of Aromatherapy, Herbalism, Ethnobotany and Nutrition for inclusion in new products.
I founded Bare Skin Beauty for many reasons the most notable being the influence my uncle Christopher Scarfe had upon me since my early childhood. As an esteemed nutritionist, Christopher taught me the principles of nutrition, ethnobotany and herbalism for both internal and external health. Therefore, I understood from a young age how nutrition plays a vital role in the internal and external health of the skin.
I was then motivated to learn as much as I could about nutrition for the skin, while at the same time studying law. While working as a solicitor I began to research the toxic ingredients used in commercial skincare and the detrimental effect this has on the skin. I then threw away my commercial skincare products and set about making rudimentary natural products in my kitchen. As the vitality of my skin increased, I commenced a diploma in Holistic Cosmetology, learning how to put all my knowledge into formulating natural and nutritious products.
I work with my partner who is a natural therapist to formulate bespoke products that will assist his clients in their recovery from illness or injury. We both work with clients in our treatment rooms in Greenwich and alternatively at the clients home.
Wishing you naturally beautiful skin
See our Video!